Siege Media is growing! We have been named one of San Diego’s Best Places to Work and Fastest Growing Companies for two years running. We are also nationally recognized on Inc.’s 2018 Best Workplaces list and Inc. 5000 list, highlighting the 5000 fastest growing private companies in America. We currently have a spot open for a talented Content Marketing Specialist to help us continue to deliver great work for our clients. Our goal is to make the web a better place by generating content that solves the problems of hundreds of thousands of people each month by the power of search.
We don’t believe in making you sit in long meetings, create pointless reports, or work with people you hate. If you want career growth and the opportunity to help grow a company from the ground up, you’ve come to the right place. Perks include health, vision and dental benefits, 401k, donation matching, career development budget, unlimited vacation, active event reimbursement, quarterly out of the office “Siegetivities”, office snacks and happy hour, a relaxed (& dog friendly!) work environment, and free pens. Everyone loves free pens.
We are headquartered in San Diego, CA. America’s Finest City. This full-time position will be based in our downtown office. Learn more about working at Siege by watching our careers video, and experiencing our culture on Instagram.
- Research various online channels for subjects and trending news stories
- Generate creative ideas to develop as content and pitch to journalists/bloggers
- Have a firm grasp on writing effective titles for the press
- Nurture and develop relationships with writers, reporters and web editors
- Write engaging blog copy for the purposes of marketing websites in diverse verticals
- Frequent outreach to bloggers and press outlets for the purpose of growing online visibility
- Do whatever it takes to grow the online presence of our clients
- Tech savvy/interest in the internet
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to form productive working relationships
- Strong project management skills, with ability to juggle multiple projects while still working effectively
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, and work independently
- Close attention to detail, i.e. near perfect grammar and strong editing skills
- Proven ability to generate creative ideas that attract attention on the web
- Copywriting or blogging experience
- 2-4 years experience working in an agency or similar marketing environment
- Basic SEO knowledge
- Experience using Microsoft Office and/or the Google Doc tool suite
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS, with an eye for good web design
- Working knowledge of SEO tools and how they can be used to help improve client websites
- 1-2 years experience working with the press, reporters, or national/international news outlets
Pay for this position depends on experience and skills, but mostly skills. Siege Media also offers 401k matching, health, dental and vision insurance, a yearly $1,000 career development budget, unlimited paid time off, and other great benefits. These benefits will become available to you after a two month probationary period.
To apply for this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Firework” incorporated in the subject line.
Please include the following:
1. Your resume with a short introduction/cover letter
2. Why you are interested in this position
3. Include an outline on a post for the topic “what is malware?”. It should include:
- Titles, subtitles, and any relevant sections
- What kind of shareable you would include, if any
- How you would promote the article