Siege Media is growing! We are nationally recognized on Inc.’s 2018 and 2019 Best Workplaces list, and have been named one to the Inc.’s 5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies for three years running. Interested in joining the Siege team? We currently have a spot open for a talented Content Writing Intern to help us continue to deliver great content for our clients. Our goal is to make the web a better place by generating content that solves the problems of hundreds of thousands of people each month by the power of search.
We have offices in San Diego, Austin, and New York City. This internship will be a remote position and is open to anyone in North America. Learn more about working at Siege by watching our careers video, and experiencing our culture on Instagram. Currently, Siege’s entire team is operating remotely due to COVID-19, however, once we can return to our offices safely, applicants could be expected to work in-office.
Siege Media values diversity. We encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, non-binary, parents and those with disabilities to apply. Through our “health, then work” philosophy we are committed to helping all people succeed at Siege. If you require reasonable accommodation to complete our application or interview process, please let us know.
- Build your writing portfolio by writing blog posts and guest posts that will be published online.
- Learn the basics of content marketing and SEO through our SiegeLearn course.
- Experience the inner workings of an agency, participating in weekly content meetings and bi-weekly 1v1s with your manager.
- Seeking junior or senior level students.
- Must be currently enrolled in a marketing, public relations, business or similar bachelor’s program.
- Tech savvy/interest in the internet.
- Strong research skills.
- Strong project management skills, with ability to juggle multiple projects while still working effectively.
- Experience using Microsoft Office and/or the Google Doc tool suite.
- Basic SEO knowledge.
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS, with an eye for good web design.
- Working knowledge of marketing tools and how they can be used to help grow client websites.
This is currently for the Fall 2020 semester with a December end date. Seeking a minimum availability of 16 hours/week. This is a paid internship ($13.00/hour) and is available for college credit. All applicants are required to take a writing test.
Once resumes are vetted, if an applicant reaches the next stage in the hiring process, they will be contacted to participate in a written test before an interview is given.
To apply for this position, email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Mango” incorporated in the subject line if you are applying to the Austin position or “Starfruit” if you are applying to the San Diego position.