Google resurfaced their guidelines around guest posting requirements and it made SEO headlines.
What Google is sharing wasn’t necessarily new, but it got us talking internally about how we strategically view guest posting in our outreach methods. In today’s Content & Conversation Caroline and Ross talk about how diversification is key and why we’re ok with 15% of our placements coming from guest posts.
- 1:33: Why “starting” with guest posting is the wrong method
- 2:39: The average amount of outreach emails that become guest posts
- 3:19: Our main two guidelines when doing outreach that could result in guest posts
- 4:09: Why editorial control matters
- 5:03: What we mean by link diversification
- 6:54: Quick indicators to vet a website to avoid