Siege Media is growing! We are nationally recognized on Inc.’s 2018 Best Workplaces list, and have been named one of the Inc.’s 5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies for two years running. Interested in joining the Siege team? We currently have a spot open for a talented Copy Editor to help us continue to deliver great content for our clients. Our goal is to make the web a better place by generating content that solves the problems of hundreds of thousands of people each month by the power of search.
We don’t believe in making you sit in long meetings, create pointless reports, or work with people you hate. If you want career growth and the opportunity to help grow a company from the ground up, you’ve come to the right place. Perks include health, vision and dental benefits, 401k, donation matching, career development budget, unlimited vacation, active event reimbursement, and free pens. Everyone loves free pens.
- Prepare, rewrite, and edit copy in order to improve upon it.
- Read copy to identify and correct errors in spelling, grammar, and syntax.
- Understand a variety of client style and copy guidelines and check for tone and voice.
- Fact-check copy to ensure that all dates, names, statistics, and facts are correct.
- Identify ways that the structure and flow of content could be improved.
- Act as the final stamp of approval on all assigned client copy.
- Educate other staff members who are responsible for written work, including freelance writers.
- Develop and execute approved client content with minimal supervision.
- An eye for detail with a heavy focus on editing and AP style.
- Experience writing for the web, with a focus on digital content including long and short form, infographics, and interactives.
- Goal orientated with the ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, and work independently.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to form productive working relationships.
- Experience using Microsoft Office and/or the Google Doc tool suite.
- 1-2 years in a editor role at a digital publication.
- B.S. or similar degree in English, journalism, or similar field.
- Basic SEO knowledge.
- Understanding of HTML/CSS and comfortable uploading content to WordPress.
- Experience collaborating and giving guidance on design and UX best practices.
Pay for this position depends on experience and skills, but mostly skills. Siege Media also offers 401k matching, health, dental and vision insurance, a yearly $1,000 career development budget, unlimited paid time off, and other great benefits. These benefits will become available to you after a two month probationary period.
To apply for this position, email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Ham” incorporated in the subject line.
- Your resume.
- A short introduction/cover letter.
- Why you are interested in this position.
- Links to your portfolio/an attached portfolio.
- Edits on how you would improve this article copy (make a copy and show edits via comments or track changes).