Siege Media is growing! We are nationally recognized on Inc.’s 2018 Best Workplaces list, and have been named one to the Inc.’s 5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies for two years running. Interested in joining the Siege team? We currently have a spot open for a talented Front End Developer to help us continue to deliver great content for our clients.
We don’t believe in making you sit in long meetings, create pointless reports, or work with people you hate. If you want career growth and the opportunity to help grow a company from the ground up, you’ve come to the right place. Perks include health, vision and dental benefits, 401k, donation matching, career development budget, unlimited vacation, and free pens. Everyone loves free pens.
The position will be full time remote (U.S. only) or out of our Austin, Texas office.
- Develop best-in-class content that solves user search queries (such as creating a “wedding budget calculator” thousands search for each month), and ranks #1 online
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Maintain existing content to ensure quality standards evolve with changing websites
- Collaborate with writers, researchers and PR specialists to create the best possible work
- Help improve and iterate on the Siege Media website
- Familiar with Bootstrap framework (versions 2, 3 and 4)
- Experience building mobile-first, responsive web pages
- Familiar with Advanced Custom Fields and Custom Post Types in WordPress
- Familiar with WordPress themes and plugins; able to build a theme from the ground up, able to build a simple plugin, able to use a Text Editor to build complex WordPress posts and pages; able to create a custom page template.
- Site speed best practices and optimization (PageSpeed Insights, Pingdom, caching/minification, image optimization, etc.)
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring your content will adhere to them
- Good understanding of ADA/WCAG compliance for an accessible web
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to form productive working relationships
- Strong project management skills, with ability to juggle multiple projects while still working effectively
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, and work independently
- Familiar with source control technologies like Git (we use Gitlab)
- Python for task automation
- Experience with Data Visualization Tools (D3.js, Chart.js, Google Charts)
- Experience with CSS pre-processors (SASS) and task builders
- Good understanding of AJAX
- Experience using Microsoft Office and/or the Google Doc tool suite
- 1-2 years experience working in an agency environment
Pay for this position depends on experience and skills, but mostly skills.
To apply for this position, email firstname.lastname@example.org with “ham” incorporated in the subject line.
- Your resume
- A short introduction/cover letter
- Why you are interested in this position
- Examples of content you’ve created online