Siege Media is growing! We have been named one of San Diego’s Best Places to Work and Fastest Growing Companies for two years running. We are also nationally recognized on Inc.’s 2018 Best Workplaces list and Inc. 5000 list, highlighting the 5000 fastest growing private companies in America. Interested in joining the Siege team? We currently have a spot open for a talented Junior Content Marketing Specialist to help us continue to deliver great content for our clients. Our goal is to make the web a better place by generating content that solves the problems of hundreds of thousands of people each month by the power of search.
We don’t believe in making you sit in long meetings, create pointless reports, or work with people you hate. If you want career growth and the opportunity to help grow a company from the ground up, you’ve come to the right place. Perks include health, vision and dental benefits, 401k, donation matching, career development budget, unlimited vacation, active event reimbursement, quarterly out of the office “Siegetivities”, office snacks and happy hour, a relaxed (& dog friendly!) work environment, and free pens. Everyone loves free pens.
We are headquartered in San Diego, CA. America’s Finest City. This full-time position will be based in our San Diego office. Learn more about working at Siege by watching our careers video, and experiencing our culture on Instagram.
- Write effective web copy for the purposes of marketing websites in diverse verticals
- Generate innovative ideas to develop as content and pitch to journalists/bloggers
- Have a firm grasp on writing effective titles for the press
- Outreach to bloggers and press outlets for growing online visibility
- Have a “Do what it takes” attitude to grow the online presence of our clients
- Tech savvy with an interest in the internet
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to form productive working relationships
- Goal orientated with the ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, and work independently
- An eye for detail with a heavy focus on grammar and editing
- Proven ability to generate creative ideas that attract attention on the web
- Copywriting or blogging experience
- B.S. or similar degree in marketing, communications or business
- Basic SEO knowledge
- Experience using Microsoft Office and/or the Google Doc tool suite
- Understanding of HTML/CSS
- Knowledge of SEO tools and how they can be used to help improve client websites
Pay for this position depends on experience and skills, but mostly skills. Siege Media also offers 401k matching, health, dental and vision insurance, a yearly $1,000 career development budget, unlimited paid time off, and other great benefits. These benefits will become available to you after a two month probationary period.
To apply for this position, please email email@example.com with “sparkle” incorporated in the subject line.