Siege Media is growing! We are nationally recognized on Inc.’s 2018 and 2019 Best Workplaces list, and have been named one to the Inc.’s 5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies for three years running. Interested in joining the Siege team? We currently have a spot open for a talented Junior Content Marketing Specialist to help us continue to deliver great content for our clients. Our goal is to make the web a better place by generating content that solves the problems of hundreds of thousands of people each month by the power of search.
We don’t believe in making you sit in long meetings, create pointless reports, or work with people you hate. If you want career growth and the opportunity to help grow a company from the ground up, you’ve come to the right place. Perks include health, vision and dental benefits, 401k, donation matching, career development budget, unlimited vacation, active event reimbursement, quarterly out of the office “Siegetivities”, office snacks and happy hour, a relaxed (& dog friendly!) work environment, and free pens. Everyone loves free pens.
We are headquartered in San Diego, CA. America’s Finest City. This full-time position will be based in our growing New York City office located at 287 Park Ave. S. This is not a remote position. Learn more about working at Siege by watching our careers video, and experiencing our culture on Instagram.
- Write effective web copy for the purposes of marketing websites in diverse verticals
- Generate innovative ideas to develop as content and pitch to journalists/bloggers
- Have a firm grasp on writing effective titles for the press
- Outreach to bloggers and press outlets for growing online visibility
- Have a “Do what it takes” attitude to grow the online presence of our clients
- Copywriting or blogging experience with long form copywriting preferred
- Experience in sending for high volume email campaigns (100 emails/week) and ability to personalize templates at scale
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to form productive working relationships
- Goal orientated with the ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, and work independently
- An eye for detail with a heavy focus on grammar and editing
- Proven ability to generate creative ideas that attract attention on the web
- Tech savvy with an interest in the internet
- B.S. or similar degree in marketing, communications or business
- Basic SEO knowledge
- Experience using Microsoft Office and/or the Google Doc tool suite
- Understanding of HTML/CSS
- Knowledge of SEO tools and how they can be used to help improve client websites
Pay for this position depends on experience and skills, but mostly skills. Siege Media also offers 401k matching, health, dental and vision insurance, a yearly $1,000 career development budget, unlimited paid time off, and other great benefits. These benefits will become available to you after a three month probationary period.
To apply for this position, please email email@example.com with “broadway” incorporated in the subject line.
Please include the following:
- Your resume with a short introduction/cover letter
- Why you are interested in this position
- 1-2 relevant blog writing samples (ideally over 500 words)