Siege Media is growing! We have been named one of San Diego’s Best Places to Work and Fastest Growing Companies for two years running. We are also nationally recognized on Inc.’s 2018 Best Workplaces list and Inc. 5000 list, highlighting the 5000 fastest growing private companies in America.
Interested in joining the Siege team? We currently have a spot open for a talented SEO Specialist to help us continue to deliver great content for our clients. Our goal is to make the web a better place by generating content that solves the problems of hundreds of thousands of people each month by the power of search.
We don’t believe in making you sit in long meetings, create pointless reports, or work with people you hate. If you want career growth and the opportunity to help grow a company from the ground up, you’ve come to the right place. Perks include health, vision and dental benefits, 401k, donation matching, career development budget, unlimited vacation, active event reimbursement, quarterly out of the office “Siegetivities”, office snacks and happy hour, a relaxed (& dog friendly!) work environment, and free pens. Everyone loves free pens.
We are headquartered in San Diego, CA. America’s Finest City. This full-time position will be based in our Austin office or a remote option (U.S. only). Learn more about working at Siege by watching our careers video, and experiencing our culture on Instagram.
- Suggest and implement SEO best practices for client sites
- Stay up to date on SEO industry changes and communicate those to clients/teammates
- Perform keyword research in order to generate topic ideas for client sites
- Research various online channels for subjects and trending news stories
- Generate creative link building ideas to develop as content and pitch to journalists/bloggers
- Have a firm grasp on writing effective titles for the press
- Nurture and develop relationships with writers, reporters and web editors
- Write effective web copy for the purposes of marketing websites in diverse verticals
- Frequent outreach to bloggers and press outlets for the purpose of growing online visibility
- Do whatever it takes to grow the online presence of our clients
- 1-2 years experience in an SEO role
- Experience with website analysis using SEO tools such as Moz, Google Analytics, SEMRush and others
- Tech savvy/interest in the internet
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to form productive working relationships
- Strong project management skills, with ability to juggle multiple projects while still working effectively
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, and work independently
- Close attention to detail, i.e. near perfect grammar and strong editing skills
- Proven ability to generate creative ideas that attract attention on the web
- Copywriting or blogging experience
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS, with an eye for good web design
- Experience using Microsoft Office and/or the Google Doc tool suite
- Working knowledge of social media tools and how they can be used to help market client websites
- 1-2 years experience working with the press, reporters, or national/international news outlets
- 1-2 years experience working in an agency environment
Pay for this position depends on experience and skills, but mostly skills.
To apply for this position, email email@example.com with “EAT” incorporated in the subject line. Also include:
- Your resume
- A short introduction/cover letter
- Why you are interested in this position
- Five SEO recommendations for any website on page two of the search “cheap flights”