Siege Media is growing! We are a nationally recognized content marketing agency on Inc.’s Best Workplaces list, and have been named one of the Inc.’s 5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies for three years running. Interested in joining the Siege team? We currently have a spot open for a talented junior to mid-level user interface designer who’s comfortable occasionally helping out with traditional graphic design projects as they arise.
We don’t believe in making you sit in long meetings, create pointless reports, or work with people you hate. If you want career growth and the opportunity to help build a company from the ground up, you’ve come to the right place. Perks include health, vision and dental benefits, 401k, donation matching, career development budget, unlimited vacation, and a relaxed (& dog friendly!) work environment.
Currently, Siege’s entire team is operating remotely due to COVID-19 and we are committed to following local and national health safety guidelines. We will only require non-remote team members to return to our offices once it’s safe to do so.
This full-time position will be available in our San Diego or Austin office (once it’s safe to resume in-office work), but we’re additionally open to strong remote candidates (North American and European applicants only please). Learn more about working at Siege by watching our careers video, experiencing our culture on Instagram, and checking out our work on Dribbble!
Siege Media values diversity. We encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, non-binary, parents and those with disabilities to apply. Through our “health, then work” philosophy we are committed to helping all people succeed at Siege. If you require reasonable accommodation to complete our application or interview process, please let us know.
- Seamlessly cross back and forth between UI/UX and graphic design projects
- Communicate with front end development team to implement your designs
- Champion best practice of usability and user-centric design
- Interface with internal and external teams about brand standards and project requirements
- Incorporate changes recommended by clients into the final design
- Stay on top of design trends to develop innovative design work for the purpose of building client visibility
- Tech savvy with interest in the internet
- Experience working with modern web design tools (Sketch, InVision, Figma, Zeplin, etc.)
- Experience working with traditional graphic design tools (Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign, etc.)
- Strong grasp of current usability standards for desktop and mobile websites
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to create simple illustrations, icons, etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to form productive working relationships
- Strong project management skills, with ability to juggle multiple projects while working effectively
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and work independently
- Proven ability to generate creative UI/design solutions to help elevate the brands that we work with
- SEO knowledge/experience
- Experience using G Suite and/or Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of WordPress and other CMSs
- 1-5 years experience designing for the web
- Design degree from respected 4-year institution
- 1-2 years experience with digital marketing
- 1-2 years experience working in an agency environment
Pay for this position depends on experience and skills, but mostly skills. Siege Media also offers 401k matching, health, dental and vision insurance, a career development budget, unlimited paid time off, and other great benefits.
To apply for this position, email firstname.lastname@example.org with “table tennis” incorporated in the subject line.
- Your resume
- A short introduction/cover letter
- Why you are interested in this position
- Links to your portfolio/an attached portfolio
- An example of a project that you designed for the web (ex: a website, lander, online marketing campaign, etc.)