Environmental, social and governance (ESG) initiatives are taking both investors and companies by storm—and for good reason.
ESG is a measurement for sustainability and positive socio-economic influence. After the whirlwind of 2020, more companies are focusing on their power to do good.
In this episode of Content & Conversation, Ross Hudgens and Caroline Gilbert break down why addressing ESG is necessary for not only its positive effects on the world, but for business as well. Furthermore, they discuss why “darker” industries may be left behind.
- 00:22: What ESG stands for and addresses
- 1:42: How “Reimagining Capitalism in a World on Fire” by Rebecca Henderson influenced Siege Media
- 2:36: Using ESG to analyze potential clients
- 3:33: Types of businesses that may not qualify
- 3:57: Why darker industries rely more on agencies
- 6:19: Working for causes = better internal fulfillment
- 6:47: Breaking down the client-agency relationship
- 7:25: Do your research on companies implementing ESG
- 8:47: How to evaluate internal efforts
- 10:24: Identify ESG through positive brand experience–use third-party tools