Derek Flanzraich joins us on Content & Conversation.
When it comes to growing a media company, Derek Flanzraich isn’t a stranger to success. After forming Greatist in 2011, Derek witnessed how high-quality content led to exponential growth — eventually leading the company to be bought by Healthline.
In this episode of Content & Conversation, Derek sits down with Ross to discuss how focusing on high-quality, well-written content is an essential focus for those who are building a brand for their audience.
Now, as he’s in the startup phase for Ness — a premium credit card that rewards users for being healthy — he continues to focus on creating content that people want to see. Because when you create something that people want and treat people well, it will always come back to you.
- 00:07: Welcome, Derek Flanzraich, CEO of Ness
- 1:55: How Derek’s former company, Greatist was born
- 3:33: How Greatist scaled to 50 million visitors per month
- 6:02: Why establishing the correct tone for your audience is key
- 13:18: Greatist’s success in mentioned outreach
- 19:38: How Pinterest contributed to Greatist’s success
- 22:07: Biggest strategy lessons from Greatist to Ness
- 26:51: How to increase your content engagement via email
- 30:49: Using social media for content distribution, “the individual more than the brand”
- 37:37: What type of voice is ideal for Health & Wellness today?
- 42:10: Biggest content lessons from Greatist to Ness
- 45:46: Why a variety of platforms are necessary for SEO
- 48:24: Ness’ three most impactful channels
- 50:37: Is there an equivalent to Pinterest today?
- 53:59: How to repurpose your content across multiple channels
- 56:25: Derek’s unique leadership style and culture at Ness
- 1:02:14: Ness’ team structure
- 1:05:16: Final tips, tricks, and tactics from Derek