Ryan Farley joins us on this episode of Content & Conversation.
In this episode, the Co-Founder and CMO of LawnStarter, Ryan Farley, sits down with Ross to discuss the benefits to an all-in approach to SEO and how investing in content early pays off — $2 million in traffic value to be exact (according to Ahrefs).
The importance of local optimization, content hubs, and how Google does and doesn’t reward people-first content are topics of lively conversation.
Check out the episode to learn more about how Ryan turned his company into an SEO powerhouse.
- 00:12: Welcome, Ryan Farley, Co-Founder and CMO, LawnStarter
- 00:40: Was SEO a primary focus for LawnStarter from the get-go?
- 3:06: How LawnStarter developed an SEO foundation during Series A
- 4:10: What SEO metrics key stakeholders care about
- 6:10: Competing with local pack vs. national-local companies
- 10:30: The content hub strategy (ex. LawnStarter’s pricing guides)
- 16:55: Have you considered expanding your brand?
- 18:23: LawnStarter’s model for SEO opportunity
- 21:54: How to approach hiring for content and SEO
- 24:52: The 40/40/20 ratio
- 26:57: How LawnStarter thinks about ranking success long-term
- 36:38: What keeps Ryan up at night in regards to SEO?