Everybody has a take on AI writing and content marketing services — here’s ours.
As I type out this text right now in Google Docs, the software automatically recommends greyed-out words and phrases for me to use to help write a catchy intro. While some may see this as dystopian, auto-filling can actually make my life easier (when it predicts the right text, of course).
Like all things, the suggestions aren’t perfect 100% of the time — machine learning needs to adapt to the voice of the writer, and colloquialisms are often lost on artificial intelligence (AI).
But what does all this mean for the future of content marketing services? Here at Siege Media, we see AI as an asset. Siege is confident that AI won’t replace writers anytime soon, and we don’t even think AI will help you rank.
However, we do think it’ll help us with the brainstorming process and when writers encounter certain roadblocks. This is especially true when writers encounter tricky keyword research and the ever-present writer’s block.
Keep reading to learn more about AI writing statistics, this year’s content marketing trends, and then continue for information about the projected market growth for artificial intelligence, as well as the global ramifications of AI.
And don’t worry — this post was written by a bonafide human being who did research with their squishy, organic brain.
AI Writing Statistics
Spell check has been around since the beginning of mass-market word processors launched in the 80s — these AI statistics help illustrate how AI writing tools have evolved since then.
- While 19% of businesses who use AI content generation tools reported experiencing a very successful content strategy, 24% of businesses who do not use AI content generation tools also reported experiencing a very successful content marketing strategy. (Siege Media + Clearscope)
- 52% of business leaders are currently using AI content generation tools to assist their content marketing efforts. (Siege Media + Clearscope)
- 64.7% of business leaders plan to use AI content generation tools to assist their content marketing efforts in 2023. (Siege Media + Clearscope)
- 62% of B2B and 38% of B2C businesses plan to use AI content generation tools to assist their content marketing efforts in 2023. (Siege Media + Clearscope)
- There are three classes of AI writing available: AI text prediction, AI text editors, and AI text generators. (Typewise)
- Google’s John Mueller recommends using artificial intelligence to find inspiration or try new things out for writing projects. (John Mueller)
- 53% of adults believe AI will help them handle repetitive tasks more effectively. (Statista)
- Achieving existing capabilities like writing short articles and tweets will become much cheaper and more efficient. (Stanford)
- AI writing is likely to take over as much of digital publishing and editing as readers will tolerate. (The Verge)
- In the U.S., public opinion is more favorable for AI when it comes to detecting fraud patterns (43%), manufacturing goods (32%), and predicting the weather (31%). (Statista)
- However, public opinion is less favorable for AI regarding performing medical tasks (14%), 911 operations (14%), and writing news stories (11%). (Statista)
AI Content Marketing & Blogging Statistics
If you’re curious about how AI blog integrations will affect content marketing — from brainstorming to publishing — this is the section for you.
- AI in content marketing is best suited for blog title brainstorming, email engagement, and content outlines. (Siege Media + Clearscope)
- Google considers automatically generated content to be spam, meaning it’s against the Webmaster’s guidelines and may affect rankings. (Google Search Central).
- AI content created specifically for search engine rankings is against Google’s guidance. (Google SearchLiason)
- Artificial intelligence can best support marketers in the strategy and planning phases by helping in segmentation, targeting, and positioning (STP). (Science Direct)
- 42% of marketers said they already use AI integrations for voice assistants, chatbots, and conversational AI. (Deloitte)
- GetGenie AI is a WordPress login that launched in 2022 and has already been used by more than 2,000 active users, as of December 2022. (GetGenie)
- AI usage is projected to grow 166% in three years for the marketing industry. (CMO Survey, 2022)
- Additionally, B2B services will have the most growth out of all the economic marketing sectors, going from 8.4% of AI utilization today to 24.6%. (CMO Survey, 2022)
Global AI Statistics
What do the ramifications of machine learning and the following AI writing statistics look like across the globe?
Learn more about regulations, total global growth, and how artificial intelligence and natural language processing may become propaganda and misinformation tools.
- The EU was the first global superpower to draft regulatory frameworks around the use of AI. (European Commission)
- The machine translation market is expected to grow to $7.5 billion by 2030. (Global Market Insights)
- The global funding for AI natural language processing is $7 billion. (Finances Online)
- The estimated global growth for natural language processing is expected to be worth $48.46 billion USD by 2026. (Mordor Intelligence)
- Propaganda campaigns will be easier to scale when text generation is automated. (Stanford)
- AI models provide advantages to propagandists who choose them by making messaging far more tailored, human-like, and potentially effective. (Stanford)
- AI has the potential to hyperpower foreign influence and disinformation campaigns. (Brookings)
- The Department of Defense spends $7.5 billion on AI research and development. (Wall Street Journal)
AI Writing Software and Machine Learning Statistics
Curious about how machine learning actually works? This section may enlighten you on the benefits and pitfalls of AI software.
- ChatGPT is also able to generate code and simple mathematics. (Universidad Pontificia Comillas, Madrid)
- Unlike many other text-to-text AI language models, LamDA was trained on dialogue. (Universidad Pontificia Comillas, Madrid)
- Grammarly provides a positive contribution to reducing errors made by users in terms of vocabulary, language, and mechanics like spelling and punctuation. (Lingua Cultura)
- However, it is less effective in terms of two writing indicators like content and organization. Grammarly cannot detect whether or not the content of students’ writing is appropriate for the topic. (Lingua Cultura)
AI Jobs and Market Growth Statistics
The market growth for AI is poised to explode in the coming years. But how will it affect the job market, and will human beings fall to the wayside for cheap artificial alternatives? These AI growth statistics are sure to enlighten you.
- The AI market size is projected to reach $139.4 billion USD by 2029. (Fortune Business Insights)
- 94% of surveyed business leaders agree that AI is critical to success over the next five years. (Deloitte)
- Of the top problems organizations face in starting and scaling AI projects, insufficient funding for AI technologies and solutions is the top issue for business leaders. (Deloitte)
- Jasper achieved an unprecedented 100% increase in Annual Recurring Revenue (ARR) in 2022. (Cision PRNewswire)
- The most significant barrier in scaling AI initiatives is managing AI-related risks, according to 50% of business leaders. (Deloitte)
- 82% of respondents strongly agree that AI will enhance their employees’ performance and job satisfaction. (Deloitte)
- 58% of adults believe that AI will lead to increased job creation in the technology field. (Statista)
- 40% of business leaders say they will purchase AI solutions packaged from technology vendors within the next year. (Deloitte)
AI Writing FAQs
Here are the most frequently asked questions about AI writing.
How Good Is AI Writing?
Like all things artificial intelligence, this is a grey area. Though AI writing is perfectly competent, Google is finding ways to identify it and flag it as spam. Also, many find that AI writing isn’t people-first and unable to cater to the humans who read it.
Can AI Write Better Than Humans?
AI copywriting skills are passable, but AI may not catch the intricacies and nuances that your clients demand. This is especially true when following specific style guidelines, tone of voice, and on-page content marketing best practices.
Is AI Going To Replace Writers and Designers?
AI will not replace writers anytime soon — especially not in 2023.
People add value to the creative process and can better target keyword utilization and placement within blog posts. Additionally, AI can’t yet identify blog image best practices, like where to place images, how to design for the SERP, and considering the fold, among others.
Which AI Tools Are Best for Writing?
ChatGPT is a great AI writing tool when writers need help finding inspiration, related keywords, and outlining posts. Grammarly and Hemingway are good tools to use for self-editing before passing copy to a professional copy editor.
We do not recommend relying on AI to write or edit entire posts, as they have yet to learn the intricacies of the ideal post structure for SEO and conversational language.
What Are the Most Popular AI Writing Tools?
Jasper, GetGenie, WriteSonic, ChatGPT, and Rytr are some of the most popular AI writing and chatbot tools.
Siege Can Add a Human Touch
Though Siege Media is excited about the future of AI and can’t wait to see how it changes the landscape of content marketing, we’re still a firm that employs more than 100 people across the globe.
Though these AI writing statistics are enlightening (and sometimes scary), Siege Media will always have a human touch when it comes to our content — from now and into the future. Contact us today to learn more about our copywriting services.