Brainstorming–easier said than done (if you want the best results).
The definition of Brainstorming: group discussion to produce ideas or solve problems.
In this episode of Content & Conversation, Elsie Weisskoff, Creative Content Lead at Siege Media breaks down what it takes to get the most out of your brainstorm process through organization, tools and execution.
Plus, how to choose between promotable content, SEO-focused content, and what it means to create the right content for B2C and B2B content marketing industries.
- 00:32: Meet Elsie Weisskoff, her role at Siege as Creative Content Lead
- 1:50: The definition of “brainstorming”
- 2:08: The brainstorming process at Siege Media
- 3:16: Group dynamics when thinking creatively
- 3:58: How Siege Media’s brainstorming has improved over time
- 4:46: Producing ideas–best tools to use for brainstorming
- 6:40: The power of Reddit, how to use it effectively
- 7:41: Why platforms like “The Pudding” are beneficial
- 8:02: Breaking up B2B and B2C ideas
- 9:05: How to brainstorm for niche industries
- 9:34: Promotable vs. SEO topics
- 11:01: What type of content does well in B2B markets?
- Example: Do You Use the Bathroom on a First Date?
- 12:49: How do you brainstorm for a mature content strategy?
- 14:13: What criteria do you use when looking at revamps?
- 15:29: How to look for passive link opportunities
- 18:09: What is the Keyword Opposition to Benefit (KOB) analysis?
- 20:23: What does the future of brainstorming look like?